This year's GLOBAL case competition has ended
A GLOBAL CASE COMPETITION
GLOBAL is an international case competition and CBS Case Competition’s response to an increasingly digitized world. GLOBAL 2022 is open for all university students globally and it is a chance for anyone, no matter location, to compete with some of the top case teams out there. The initial round and semi-finals will be held digitally, allowing all students from around the world to take part in the case solving experience. The GLOBAL 2023 final will be held in-person and streamed online from Copenhagen Business School. The top 3 teams will be flown into Copenhagen and present in-person in the grand final which is livestreamed to all relevant platforms. GLOBAL is your chance to practice case-solving and be challenged by a panel of industry-leading professionals, which is an experience rarely gained while studying.
THIS YEARS CASE COMPANY
Ørsted is a leading renewable energy company within offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, and Power-to-X.
As a global leader within green energy our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy – and we’ve been ranked as one of the world’s most sustainable energy companies several years in a row.
24 HOURS OF CASE CRACKING
Teams of 3-4 students have 24 hours to come up with a solution to a real-life business challenge
Undergraduate and graduate students* from all over the world can participate.
* That have finished their undergraduate studies within no more than two years of starting their graduate studies
Submissions are judged by a panel of industry-leading professionals that will provide valuable feedback to the participants
The best teams are invited to compete in the final, which this year will be held in-person and streamed online from Copenhagen Business School.
GLOBAL - CASE SUBMISSION
Case submission for GLOBAL ends February 14th at 9:00 CET
Demonstrate that you have the skills to succeed. GLOBAL 2023 will test your critical thinking, presentation technique and case-solving skills.
It is a chance to practice case-solving and be challenged by a panel of industry-leading professionals.
GLOBAL is an amazing experience and we are certain you will learn a lot and have fun along the way.
Participating in case competitions is a great way for you to test your skills and knowledge from the classroom in a real-life business case challenge.
PREPARE FOR THE GLOBAL GRAND FINAL
GLOBAL 2023 is comprised of three rounds:
- All teams have 24 hours to solve a real-life business case. Solutions are uploaded through our online platform.
- From all the solutions, the top 9 teams will continue to the semifinals which is hosted as a video conference.
- The top 3 teams from the semifinals with the best solutions, handpicked by a panel of experienced judges, will be invited to the GLOBAL 2023 final, which will be held in-person and streamed from Copenhagen Business School. The finalists will need to be eligible to enter Copenhagen, Denmark. All expenses for flights, and hotels will be provided and paid by CBS Case Competition. In addition, the winning team will have the opportunity to win a mentorship program with Bain & Company.
- The case will be launched on February 13th, 2023, at 09:00 CET and the case solving will continue for 24 hours.
- The 9 best teams proceed to the semi-finals, which are held online on February 17th, 2023.
- The GLOBAL 2023 Final will be held online for the participating finalists on February 24th. The teams will compete in-person in front of the jury and audience at Copenhagen Business School. This will all be broadcasted live on our website and our social media channels.
GLOBAL 2023 is open to undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe. If your team proceeds to the semi-finals, CBS Case Competition will need confirmation of enrolment from all team members. Because of the short time between the preliminary round and the semi-finals, please have the appropriate documentation ready in advance.
You are eligible to participate if you are either
- an undergraduate student
- a graduate student with no more than a two-year gap between graduating from your bachelor program and being enrolled in your graduate program.
If your team proceeds to the semi-finals, CBS Case Competition will need confirmation of enrolment from all team members. Because of the short time between the preliminary round and the semi-finals, please have the appropriate documentation ready in advance.
Notice: as semifinals will be hosted online, it is a requirement that participating teams can facilitate stable and a high bandwidth internet connection and high-quality sound and video equipment.
The solution must be submitted as a single PDF document consisting of:
- A slide deck of maximum 15 slides inclusive appendices, but exclusive front page.
You can upload as many solutions as you want to (e.g. drafts and test submissions) - the last upload will be your final submission. You are not allowed to disclose your name, the name of your university, or your country of origin in your final solution. The slide size must be 16:9. Notice that the solution must be submitted as a single PDF document.
Teams have to consist of 3 to 4 eligible students. Teams can be formed across universities and countries. If you are missing teammates, please use the Matchmaking functionality in the sign-up platform. Be aware that we no longer find it responsible for teams to be present at the same physical location during the semifinals. Therefore, to ensure fairness of competition, each team member is required to sit individually, but in a group video call with the rest of the team.
There is no fee for participating.
You can sign-up here for GLOBAL 2023 case competition. Only one person from each team needs to sign up to create a new team. The person that signs up and creates the team will then be able to invite team members from the Team Dashboard.